Confession: I’m not a big fan of online shopping in Pakistan. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not all like “death to e-commerce” or anything super dramatic like that. I’m just extra careful about what I order and where I order it from (might have something to do with my attachment to my hard-earned money lol).
Why am I so mistrusting of the world of online shopping in Pakistan?
I’m glad you asked. I’ll just share these three instances real quick.
When a friend of mine had this experience with a Facebook page:
When my husband ordered a drone off a website only to discover it was defective/unusable and the website refused to take any responsibility.
When I ordered a small camera online (after days of research) and was told it wasn’t available after I had already transferred the money. They did return the money minus the bank transfer charges -.-
So, really, can you blame me for being so skeptical?
Before collaborating with Grandioso on this month’s giveaway, I made sure we were clear on one thing: I would write an honest review about my online ordering experience (even if it sucked). They seemed cool with that so we virtually shook hands and here we are.
As it turned out, my online shopping experience with Grandioso didn’t suck (and by that I mean I loved it). Here’s why:
- The whole ordering process was very simple and took me less than 2 minutes
- They were super efficient: I placed my order Thursday afternoon and received my package Friday morning
- I know the product is genuine because it comes with a one-year warranty from the brand’s customer service centre (all electronics on their website come with warranties)
- They have a price match policy which I think is really cool. What that means is that if you can find another website with the same product offering a lower price, they’ll match it! You can read more about that here.
- After placing the order, I got an email with a code and I was wondering what that was all about. Turns out they have this awesome reward-based system. So basically, if I recommend them to a friend and the friend orders using my code, I get PKR 300 in my account and my friend gets 10% off his/her purchase. Talk about win-win! You can read more here.
Final word on Grandioso: My faith in the future of e-commerce in Pakistan has partially been restored. I say partially because I’ll still be careful where I’m ordering from but at least now I know that not all websites are evil and trying to steal my moneysss. Plus, I now know where I can order big ticket, electronic stuff from without worrying if it will be genuine. Hallelujah!
About this Month’s Giveaway
Let’s take a peek at this month’s giveaway – the MS21E Multi-Styler by BaByliss that I ordered from Grandioso.
It comes with 10 different accessories and can be used to curl, straighten or crimp plus a bunch of other stuff if you’re into hair experimentation. Basically, it’s the only hair styling tool you’ll ever need. Here’s all the stuff it comes with:
- Straightening plates
- Crimping plates
- 3D waver plates
- 19 mm curling iron
- 32 mm curling iron
- 19 mm spiral sleeve
- 19 mm brush sleeve
- 3 clips
- 12 hairpins
- Storage pouch
I’ve been drooling over it since it arrived and I’m SO tempted to keep it for myself. I hope you guys will appreciate the sacrifice I’m making by giving it away :'(
- To enter, please follow the instructions on the Facebook post
- Only ONE person will win the giveaway
- Anyone in Pakistan can enter
- The winner will be chosen through random selection (I put all the names into the computer and the algorithm does the rest)
- Last date to enter is 17th April 2017
- The winner will be announced on 18th April 2017