Raise your hand if you like your skin feeling as soft as a particular anatomical part of an infant (y’know what I’m talkin’ about). What if I told you you could get silky smooth skin like that without paying exorbitant amounts for those insanely expensive branded scrubs?! It may sound too good to be true but it isn’t. After my successful attempt at creating a lip scrub I figured I’d give body scrubs a shot and boy, am I glad! This refreshing strawberry-mint body scrub combines some basic ingredients to help you get glowing skin with minimum damage to your wallet.
- It exfoliates, removing the dead skin. Scrubbing also helps with circulation, making your skin look healthier.
- Mint and strawberry both contain salicylic acid which prevents premature ageing. It also helps lighten blemishes including acne scars.
- Mint is anti inflammatory and hence very soothing for the skin (especially good for those hot summer days!).
- Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C which is a natural skin protector and can help prevent pimples.
- Strawberries also contain folate which works to regenerate cells and produce new ones, giving your skin a youthful glow.
- Coconut oil moisturises and hydrates your skin. It is anti bacterial and also offers protection from the sun.
Are you convinced yet? Okay cool. Here it is.
Strawberry-Mint Body Scrub
What you’ll need
A large fistful of mint leaves
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1/2 cup brown or super-fine white sugar
A few drops you favourite essential oil (optional)
I made the strawberry and mint scrubs separately and then added them to the same container. You can also choose to make them together. Start by putting the strawberries and mint in a blender and puree.
Then mix in the sugar followed by coconut oil.
If you find the texture too runny, just add more sugar. I personally prefer it a little on the liquid-y side cause it’s easier to use. Put into a container of your choice and you’re good to go! Store in the refrigerator.
Since I made it for the first time, I wasn’t quite sure how it would turn out. But I used it today and it left my skin feeling amazing and so fresh! I keep wanting to stroke my arm (stop mehh). It even smells so good, you’d want to eat it up. And you can 😉 The only part that was a teeny bit annoying was that it made the bathtub kinda messy so it took a few minutes to clean it up. But I can live with that 😀