Here’s a quick fact to demonstrate my borderline obsession with cake: I’m stuffing my face with cheesecake as I write this. Now that I’ve satisfied my penchant for oversharing, let us proceed (feel free to do your own bit of oversharing in the comments; wouldn’t want you to read this without having the option to reciprocate). I exaggerate only a little when I tell you this 3-ingredient Nutella mug cake is going to change your life. I’ve done my fair share of experimentation with mug cakes and never really found one that I’d want as a constant companion in life. Until now. If you too have been searching for that dessert that has the potential to be “The One”, then let me introduce you to this chocolatey, fudgy cake that’s going to make you swoon.
What You’ll Need:
4 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella
2 tablespoons flour
An undying love for chocolate
1. Crack an egg into your mug and whisk with a fork.
2. Add four dollops of Nutella. Put those whisking skills in motion again.
4. Add flour and mix until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
5. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Once it is set and firm on top, it should be done. If you feel like cooking it more then microwave in bursts of 15 seconds. Don’t overcook it though ’cause then it will lose it’s rich, moist consistency and become dry.
6. Wait for it to cool down a little before you dig in. However, if you’re me then totally disregard your own instructions and give in to the cravings of your sweet tooth.
6. It’s perfect on it’s own but if you’re really in the mood to go all out then top with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
If you want to try out a different variation of this aka the 4-ingredient Nutella mug cake, check out this recipe on The Kitchn.
My kind of recipes are the quick + easy kind. If that sounds like something you’d be into, you can check out more here.